Osteopathic consultation are often recommended for newborn babies, its aim is to remove the tensions that may have appeared during pregnancy and childbirth.
Today, doctors and midwifes often resort to using various equipment to aid labor and childbirth (forceps, suction cups, etc.), especially when the birth is by a caesarean section. In those cases there is an elevated risk that the newborn could suffer some kind of trauma during the process, that is why it is recommended for the child to be checked by an osteopath.
- Delivery was induced and / or it was performed with epidural drip
- Birth was too long (more than 12 hours) or too short (less than 3 hours)
- The baby was born any other way than the normal, facing down, way – breach baby, facing up, etc.
- The umbilical cord has been wrapped around the neck
- In case of premature labor and birth
- Birth was aided by applying pressure on mother’s abdomen to facilitate delivery (abdominal expression)
- Any tools (forceps, suction cups, spatulas) were used in the delivery process
- The delivery was done with a caesarean section
- There was a need to resuscitate the baby
- In cases of twin birth, triplets, etc.